LAST UPDATED: June 25, 2020
Please read this Privacy Statement and the Stardust Social Casino Terms of Service (http://www.stardustcasino.com/terms-of-service) prior to using, accessing, or downloading the Stardust Social Casino or any related website, application, or software.
Stardust Social Casino is a business product of Boyd Gaming Corporation ("Boyd"). As such, this Privacy Statement is separate and different from Boyd’s Privacy Statement (www.boydgaming.com/privacy). References in this Privacy Statement to "Stardust Social Casino" are intended to highlight the differences between the operational independence of the Stardust Social Casino and the general operations of Boyd. In order to aid the readability of this Statement, "we" or "our" or "us" refers to Boyd but actions by Boyd include actions taken through Stardust Social Casino. This Privacy Statement applies to the Stardust Social Casino, as well as any related website, application or software that links to this Privacy Statement, collectively referred to as "the Services."
This Privacy Statement explains the information we collect, and how we collect, use and, in certain circumstances, share your information in connection with the Service(s) we provide you. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect and How We Use It.
We may also collect information about you from other sources, for example, when someone provides your email address to us to invite you to join or use the Services.
Information you Provide.
There is no cost to access the Services. However, Stardust Social Casino and we may collect information from you when you access or use the Services including, for example:
- Registration information (identifiers such as your device ID, date of birth, B Connected username and B Connected password);
- Purchase transaction information and other commercial information if you make a purchase (we use a third-party service provider for these transactions so while we receive information about the transaction we do not receive your billing or payment information);
- Demographic information, such as your gender and age;
- Social network website user information if you access the Services through our social network community page (including information that is visible on your social network page if you have allowed this through the privacy settings on your social network account);
- Loyalty program information if you enroll in or are already enrolled in Boyd’s B Connected loyalty program (identifiers such as name, email or postal address, telephone number, information about your use of the Services and any purchases you have made or rewards you have received);
- Information you provide in response to contests, surveys or other marketing outreach (identifiers such as name, email or postal address, telephone number, eligibility information for contests which may include age, images or photographs, hobbies or interests, and occupation);
- Information that you may post on the Services through in-game play, comments, reviews, support tickets or other posts (you control the information that you provide in this way and this information may include actions you perform with other players; all such information, excluding support tickets, can be viewed by the general public so please take that into consideration when you post); and
- Inferences based on the information described above and other information described in this Privacy Statement.
Automatically Collected Information.
We may automatically collect information from you when you access or use the Services. This information is collected by Stardust Social Casino, third party service providers such as Google and Apple or by placing certain data files on your computer or mobile device. These data files may be cookies, other local storage technologies, or other technologies (collectively, "Cookies").
Stardust Social Casino collects information about your use of the Services, including, without limitation, internet or other electronic network activity information about your access of the Services or playing games via the Stardust Social Casino and/or your interaction with our Services via other third party websites or applications, such as internet protocol addresses, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, payment events, and related date and time information. This information allows us to improve the Services as well as to communicate with you about customer support and to market and advise you of other products or services that may be of interest to you.
Stardust Social Casino and we may collect information about your geolocation with your consent. If you allow your mobile device to release your geolocation, we may collect, depending on the capabilities of your mobile device, information about the Wi-Fi routers closest to you, cell ids of cell towers closest to you and the strength of your Wi-Fi or cell signal. While we use this information to return an estimated location, geolocation data may not be accurate. If you do not consent to our use of your geolocation, we may deny access to use the Services.
Sometimes, we utilize the services of a third party to help us understand this information better. Please see the "Cookies and Tracking" section below for more information.
Use of Information.
Stardust Social Casino and we may use the information we collect for our general commercial or business purposes such as to improve and grow our business and to offer you our own, our affiliates’, or third party products or services that we think you may find of interest. Our potential uses of the information which we collect may include:
- Providing the Services to you;
- Responding to inquiries, resolve service problems, resolving complaints and correct errors in the Services;
- Communicating with you about the Services;
- Providing you with Service-specific advertising and promotional information in connection with the Services (including contests and other promotions);
- Correctly identifying you;
- Contacting you about your transactions, offering personalized services and support, or learning about your needs as a customer;
- Contacting and, if necessary, reminding you that you have been invited to join Stardust Social Casino or other Services;
- Communicating with you about our products, services, events, promotions, and administering satisfaction or other surveys, and for other marketing or business purposes;
- Notifying you of new product releases and service notifications, and soliciting your feedback and input;
- Detecting and preventing fraud or misuse of the Services;
- For business research and development of new products or services;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforcing our legal rights; and
- Enhancing your experience of the Services.
International Transfer of Your Information.
The information that Stardust Social Casino and we collect from you may be transferred to and stored anywhere in the United States of America or transferred to, accessed from and/or stored at, a destination outside the United States of America, including, for example, the United Kingdom. It may also be processed by staff operating inside or outside the United States of America, by persons who work for us or for one of our suppliers, related companies or payment processors. Such staff, suppliers or payment processors may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order and the processing of your payment.
Access to Your Personal Information and Your Rights and Choices.
In accordance with applicable law, you may be entitled to request access to or correction of your information. If you are aware of changes or inaccuracies in your information, you should inform us of such changes using the details in the "Additional Questions - Contact Us" section below, so that your information may be updated or corrected.
Depending on where you live, you also may have rights to request that we delete personal information that we hold about you, to request that we provide such information to you in a portable format, or to request additional information about how we collect or disclose your personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights and choices except where permitted by law. For example, some of the functionality and features on the Services may change or no longer be available to you if you have requested that we delete your information.
Once we receive your request, we may verify it through your account or by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity. If you would like to use an agent authorized in accordance with applicable law to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to exercise rights on your behalf.
You can terminate your account at any time. Stardust Social Casino and we may, however, keep information about you following termination of your account. In some cases, we may be legally required to maintain certain records of your personal information, in which case we may not be permitted to delete your information. If you wish to terminate your account or if you have any other questions or concerns about your personal information please email Stardust Social Casino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can choose not to receive emails from us by "unsubscribing" using the instructions in any email you receive from Stardust Social Casino or by emailing Stardust Social Casino at email@example.com. This will not stop Stardust Social Casino from sending emails about your account or your transactions with Stardust Social Casino.
You can choose to delete or block certain Cookies by setting your browser to either reject all Cookies or to allow Cookies only from selected websites. You may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable other types of technologies, such as Adobe Flash Cookies. If you block Cookies, performance of the Services may be impaired and certain features may not function at all.
If you have previously allowed us to access your geolocation data, you can stop making geolocation information available to us by visiting your mobile device’s "settings" for the Stardust Social Casino application, but this may impact your ability to access and use the Services.
When you install our Services on a mobile device, you can choose to receive push notifications, which are messages an application sends you on your mobile device, even when the application is not active. You can turn off notifications by visiting your mobile device’s “settings” page for external applications.
If you have registered to receive SMS messages, you can opt out of receiving SMS messages (text messages for example) by texting back STOP to the number we send the text from for that particular SMS Message program. When we receive an opt-out message from you for SMS messages, we may send a message confirming our receipt of your opt-out.
If you have been invited to join Stardust Social Casino you are provided with the option not to receive further invitations from Stardust Social Casino. If you choose to opt-out at any time after granting approval you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing Your Information.
We may reveal or share the categories of information listed above to unaffiliated third parties:
- If you request or authorize it;
- If the information is provided to help complete a transaction for you;
- If the information is provided to comply with the law, applicable regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas, to enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements, or to protect our or our affiliates’ rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of our users or others (e.g., to a consumer reporting agency for fraud protection etc.);
- If the disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer or sale of services or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by another party, customer information may be one of the transferred assets);
- If the information is provided to our agents, outside vendors or service providers to perform functions on our behalf (e.g., analyzing or hosting data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, processing orders, etc.); or
- As otherwise described in this Privacy Statement.
We may share your information with our affiliated companies.
We may disclose aggregate, de-identified, or otherwise non-personal information, such as usage statistics of our Services, to our affiliates and third parties.
Be advised that if you send messages or post material containing personal information, that information may be collected and used by others.
Cookies and Tracking.
We allow selected third parties to place Cookies through our Services to provide us with better insights into the use of our Services. These third parties may collect information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites and devices when he or she uses our Services. You consent to third party service providers placing Cookies through our Services to perform analytic or marketing functions.
We use reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures to protect information contained in our Services against misuse, loss or alteration.
Do not share your log-in information with others.Email and instant messaging are not recognized as secure communications, so we request that you not send private information to us by email or instant messaging services. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Services or any email or instant messaging services; any transmission is at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. If you have any questions about the security of the Services, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Links to Other Sites.
We may permit others to link to our Services or to post a link to their site or services on our Services. We are not responsible for third-party sites or their privacy practices. Please read their privacy policies before submitting information.
The Services are designed and intended for users who are 21 and older only. Children and teens are not permitted to use the Services and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 21 or knowingly allow such persons to register for use of the Services. If you are under 21, please do not attempt to register for, or otherwise use, the Services or send or submit any information about yourself to us and/or through the Services, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address.If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 13 who has sent or submitted his or her personal information to us and/or through the Services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request deletion of your child's information, making sure to include the name and password that your child submitted.
Territorial Restrictions and Consent by North American Users.
The Services are designed and intended for users within North America, excluding those users within the State of Washington. Players outside North America or within the State of Washington are not permitted to use the Services and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone outside of North America or in the State of Washington or knowingly allow such persons to register for use of the Services. If you are located outside of North America or in the State of Washington, please do not attempt to register for, or otherwise use, the Services or send or submit any information about yourself to us and/or through the Services, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. We may update this Privacy Statement to exclude users in additional jurisdictions at any time, in our sole discretion, in accordance with the "Changes to the Privacy Statement" section below.
By accessing or using the Service, all users fully understand and consent to this Privacy Statement. By using our Services, participating in any of our Services and/or providing us with your information, you consent and agree to the collection, transfer, storage and processing of your information.
Changes to the Privacy Statement.
We may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time. When we update the Privacy Statement, we will revise the "Last Updated" date above and post the new Privacy Statement. We recommend that you review the Privacy Statement each time you visit the Services to stay informed of our privacy practices.
California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights.
California residents who have an established business relationship with us may choose to opt out of our disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Our policy is not to disclose personal information collected online to a third party for direct marketing purposes without your approval. If you choose to opt-out at any time after granting approval you can do so by emailing us at email@example.com, by telephoning the Boyd Gaming Legal Department Privacy section at (702) 792-7200 or by writing to us at:
Boyd Gaming Corporation
Attn: Legal Department Privacy Section
6465 S. Rainbow Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89118 U.S.A.
We do not treat the ways we share your personal information as "sales" of personal information under California law, although you have certain choices about our sharing. Please see the relevant sections of this Privacy Statement for information about how your information is shared with third parties and the choices that may be available to you. As described above, we allow third parties to access information about your use of the Services through Cookies. Some of these companies are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from participating companies. To learn more, please click here or here.
Additional Information Regarding Nevada – We do not sell Covered Information as defined under Nevada law. If you are a Nevada resident and have any questions about this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Questions – Contact Us:
Feel free to contact us at any time by submitting an email to email@example.com if you have further questions about our Services or this Privacy Statement.